Monday 5 October 2009

Stargate: Universe


I'll be totally honest with you; I've only been a casual Stargate watcher. Well I've never seen any Stargate:Atlantis and stopped even bothering to keep up with SG1 after about season 5. So I sat down to watch Stargate Universe without too much SG baggage.

I was more than pleasantly surprised with what I saw.

Obviously the producers have been watching Lost and Battlestar Galactica. This is filmed very much in the noughties sci-fi style and is greatly enhanced by it. Some of the infighting scenes just don't ring true but otherwise the writing, the characters and the acting all gell well together.

All this on top of the fact I have an active dislike for Robert Carlyle, means it must be a pretty good show! Looking forward to next week.

This blogger works for nothing but the joy of writing but always appreciates things bought from his wishlist

No comments: