Tuesday 13 October 2009

Dan Carlin Makes Me Giddy!

I'm a podcast addict. Thanks to regularly long commutes to and from work I have a great deal of time to devote to podcasts (commuting and reading just don't go together in my opinion for so many reasons), and thus am constantly looking for new ones. For a long time it had become a dreary affair, as podcasts went from badly produced but infinitely lovable to sleek but soulless. With all my old favourites gone, I was almost ready to give up when in 2007 I came across Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. It was scholarly enough to mean I was learning something new, and Dan Carlin was enthusiastic enough to keep me interest. I was instantly hooked and even to this day it is the one podcast that makes me smile broadly when I see a new show pop up in iTunes.

Well I've been very lax in my research and it has taken me until yesterday to discover Dan Carlin has more than one podcast! Common Sense With Dan Carlin is his political podcast, and I just love it. Of course it's focussed upon American politics but you should all know I'm a not-so-secret lover of America so this is bonus rather than a detriment. Given it is updated much more regularly than Hardcore History, I think my trips to work (for I wouldn't be able to wait all the way until the end of the day to listen!) will be a lot more bearable. Check it out.

This blogger works for nothing but the joy of writing but always appreciates things bought from his wishlist

No comments: