Monday 3 September 2007

Could I Back Boris?

So Boris Johnson has launched his campaign to be London mayor. As I'm sure you, Dear Attentive Reader, have noticed I'm not a big fan of Tories. In fact I'd probably be quite happy to see the Tories lose every election from here onwards.

However, Ken Livingstone is not someone I like as mayor. His support of Yusuf al-Qaradawi is quite disgusting. His deal with Caracas (President Chavez) for cheaper fuel in exchange for London expertise in certain fields is bloody wrong... I may have once thought Chavez was alright but please... his Government is supporting illiberal regimes and censoring the press. That is unacceptable. And finally... why on Earth is he cosying up to these foreigners. He's the mayor of London for Christs sake. He needs to use London talent to solve our problems.

Anyway... the Lib Dems, the party I am still a member of, are no where to be seen since Kennedy left so Boris doesn't seem that bad an alternative... one of the things he said really struck a cord with me...

"If you hurry on by when you see some minor infraction then you are more likely to hurry on by when you see something bigger taking place, the thugs know it and they exploit that lack of collective resolve"


That's what I've been saying for months. So... I tentatively, pending further investigation, place my support behind... a Tory.

Oh I feel really dirty now.

2 comments:

Graham said...

I think I will have to pray for you. A Liberal supporting Boris.

Jae Kay said...

It's not like I have much of a choice. Ken Livingstone must go.