The Independent states these among his proposals:
* Force all schools – including faith schools – to implement anti-homophobia bullying policies and teach that homosexuality is "normal and harmless".
* Change the law to allow gay men and women the same marital rights as straight couples, including the symbolic right to use the word "marriage" rather than civil partnerships.
* Reverse the ban on gay men being allowed to give blood.
* Guarantee any refugees genuinely fleeing a country because of persecution over their sexual orientation asylum in the UK.
* Review Uganda's membership of the Commonwealth if its government was to bring in the death penalty for practicing gays.
Now what will be interesting is whether this might move the Tory or Labour position as it opens up another much needed avenue of attack for the Lib Dems. In the case of the Tories their homophobic policies of the past leave them very vulnerable to accusations of prejudice, and David Cameron's complete lack of ideology means it's quite possible he'll happily declare himself for gay rights just to appeal to as many people as possible. Time will tell.
Well done Mr Clegg!
If you feel benevolent and particularly generous, this writer always appreciates things bought for him from his wishlist