Sunday 1 March 2009

Am I The Only Feminist Left?

Is no one else shocked when people continue to be shocked that women are sexual beings? Nearly a hundred years after the Suffragettes struggled for the right to vote, women are still considered "inhuman". I use that word because I sometimes find that a lot of women and men think that the two sexes are different species. Women and men have far more in common than a few biologically inherent differences. Isn't it time everyone just grew up?

And on a similar theme why is there never an outcry about sexism against men? A new cleaning product advert's catchphrase is "So simple even a man could do it" or something similar. I'm not being overly sensitive, I think adverts like this should be allowed. But imagine an advert saying "This car is so easy to use, even a woman could drive it!". Would there not be an outcry? Double standards. Hate them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....